Underground rock mechanics requires, as for all geotechnical work, a sound characterization of the rock mass. As rock mass characterization is our forté, this gives us an excellent base to build on.
With our statistical knowledge of the rock mass, we can:
- Provide guidance regarding opening size and orientation;
- Conduct rock support designs, providing accurate estimates of both support and failure modes;
- Provide fragmentation analyses for caving and induced caving designs;
- Dimension pillars, including geologic structural effects;
- Analyze existing failure situations and provide insights regarding failure mechanisms and potential support
More detailed information regarding our methods of determining ground support is available at our shotcrete ground support course.